Pioneer House constructed in the 60-ies of the ХХ century
The two-story stone building faced towards the old square. The original building was built for the Pioneer House, and until 1985 it housed the Pioneer organization of Tselinograd town. The Pioneer House bore the name of Yuri Malakhov - a Hero of the Soviet Union. In the Pioneer House there was the whole network of children’s groups and clubs, the most popular was “International friendship club”). After 1985 the building housed the city’s Public Education Department, and in 1996 – Administration of Affairs of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan. In the last time there was “Alatau” Hotel in the building.
In 2003 the building reconstruction took place. In general, the original appearance has been preserved. The building has a historical and architectural value.
Yuri Nikolayevich Malakhov, Guard Lieutenant, platoon commander of the 26th Guard Tank Elnensky Brigade of the 2nd Guard Tank Tatsinskiy Red Banner Order of Suvorov of the 2nd degree corpus, was born in 1925 in Orenburg in the family of a worker. He was Russian, a candidate member of the CPSU since 1944. After graduating from high school he was drafted into the Red Army in January 1943. By permit of Komsomol he was sent to Poltava Tank School, where from in May 1944 he went off to war. From June 1944 until the day of his death – the 20th of October 1944 - he fought in the 3rd Belorussian Front, participated in freeing of Belarus, Lithuania and defeating the enemy in East Prussia.
Yu.N.Malahov was awarded a rank of Hero of the Soviet Union in March 24, 1945 posthumously for bravery and courage in unequal battle. Yu.N. Malakhov was forever enrolled in the lists of the tank unit personnel. He was buried in the town of Gusev in Kaliningrad region. A trawler of Kaliningrad fishing fleet was named for him.